Wednesday, April 30, 2008

the quiz

Now it is my turn to fill out this quiz.


How many puppies have you raised?
I currently have # 15 and 16

Why did you start raising?
Because my parents would never let me take our pet dog anywhere with us :) And I wanted to be a vet.

How long have I been a puppy raiser?
Almost 19 years

What is one thing you have learned in raising?
There are too many things to count!

What have your puppies taught you?
Patience and Consistency

What is the strangest thing someone has asked/said to you about your puppy?
My favorite happened in the drive through at Jack in the box. I was driving, PIT, in puppy coat, was on the floor of the passenger's side. Girl at window looks at the dog, reads his coat and says, "Oh my gosh! You are blind?!?!" I just say quietly cause I couldn't say anything that would be non-insulting.

Do you give your puppies real name out in public?
Yep

What is the most embarrassing moment you have had with your puppy?
there have been a lot of those too - hard to pick one! Probably the day that Granger (who turned 8 yesterday) peed a river in Macy's. He had just peed outside. This was the first sign that he had a bladder infection. 2 baby diapers, 2 travel packs and kleenex & we still needed help!

What is the proudest moment you have had with your puppy?
Probably my second graduation. It meant a lot more to me at 23 than it did at 16 (yes, I had a long break between graduates)

What advice do you have for new puppy raisers/owners?
Say it once and make them do it!

5 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

That's a lot of puppies. I've had quite a few embarrassing moments as well. Isn't that the story of puppy raising? ;)

Alana hopes poor Accord gets better soon! I've been too lucky with having healthy dogs, and I think my luck might run out soon... hopefully not.

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

You've raised a lot of puppies! Hope Accord feels better soon!

Emily said...

Wow! That is a lot of pups to raise!! We would love to hear more about them :)

The Puppy Raising Roller Coaster said...

WOW That is a lot of puppies! That is so awesome that you have stuck with it for 19 yrs! I hope Accord gets better soon!

Erin said...

Hi my name is Erin the one who started this lovely quiz things! i am raising number 3 for the guide dog foundation for blind. my blog is private if you would like to read it please email me at: toomanyemails07@gmail.com :-)

Congrats on getting to number #17 needless to say we are very impressed :-) I would love to raise that many